Your Oyster Farm & Kayak Tour Day of Details
Please read through completely and email email@example.com with any questions prior to your tour date.
- You will not receive any additional information between now and your tour date unless requested.
DAY OF CONTACT INFORMATION
Text or Call 631.319.9296
- We advise texting if you can since voice calls may be hard to hear by the tour staff who will likely be at the farm.
MEETING TIME & LOCATION
- 15 minutes prior to the tour start time
- 9:45 AM for 10 AM tours, 3:45 PM for 4 PM tours and so on.
- At this time you will need to sign a waiver and you can use the facilities there if needed. (Waiver preview HERE)
- 3500 Ocean Parkway, Babylon, NY 11702
Captree State Park outside of the Captree Fuel Bait & Tackle Shop (Map below)
Aerial View of the Captree Boat Basin and Blue Island Oyster Farm
For GPS use 3500 Ocean Pkwy, Babylon, NY 11702, Captree State Park.
When you are heading south on the Robert Moses Causeway take the exit for Ocean Parkway East toward Captree State Park. That Exit will take you directly to the Captree Boat Basis. Park on the far east side (to your right as you enter) of the parking lot at Captree State Park. We will board the boat at the dock in front of the Captree Fuel Bait & Tackle Shop. See the map on page 3.
Please Note: There is an $8 cash only fee, per vehicle, to park at Captree State Park.
- You can take the Long Island Rail Road to Babylon Train Station and then take a cab/Uber/Lyft to Captree State Park using the directions noted above.
40°28'29''N 73°14'54''W if using your own boat
- Arrive at the meeting point to sign waivers and use bathroom facilities as needed before departure.
- Depart from Captree Boat Basin via Blue Islands Boat shuttle.
- Arrive at Blue Island Oyster Farm Island Dock
- Introduction to oyster farming and Blue Island Oysters
- Guided kayak tour around the oyster farm & through the salt marshes of the Great South Bay
- Picnic lunch/dinner
WE RECOMMEND BRINGING THE FOLLOWING
- Sunglasses and/or hat
- Waterproof Camera or Phone Case
- Bathing Suit
- Water Shoes
- A warm layer
BLUE ISLAND MERCHANDISE & OYSTERS
- A limited selection of merchandise may be available to purchase during your farm tour.
Or visit our Online Store
- on Instagram and Facebook using @BlueIslandOysters
- We want to see how much fun you are having on your tour!
Inclement Weather: Blue Island will cancel the tour if we deem it unsafe to go out due to the weather. You will be notified by the morning of the tour via phone call or text if it is canceled. If the tour is canceled we will reschedule your farm tour. If you are unable to reschedule you will receive a full refund in the method of your original payment. The tour will occur unless you are contacted stating otherwise.
Restrooms are available at Captree State Park by the Captree Fuel Bait & Tackle Shop we recommend using the facilities there prior to boarding the Blue Island Boat.
Alcohol: You are welcome to bring your own beer or wine and the Blue Island staff will be happy to serve you. When possible please bring cans.
- You will be given a waiver to sign prior to boarding the Blue Island Boat.
- Two person kayaks are provided on farm tours, which means on a fully booked tour you will be kayaking with another person on the same kayak. You can choose your partner or have us pair you with someone.
- Life jackets are provided and required to be worn during the kayaking portion of the day.
Gratuity is not included in the original payment/cost of public tours and can be given on the day of the tour via cash or sent via this link. TIP HERE
Click here for additional FAQ's
Updated June 14, 2022
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist