Events and Fundraising Coordinator
- Organized, Self Motivated & Outgoing
- Have a valid NYS drivers license
- Have your own vehicle for transportation to and from work
- Submit a resume with references
- Event Planning Management Experience
- Business administration experience
- Bookkeeping experience
- Marketing or Social Media Management Experience
Blue Island Oyster Company is a diverse business with our administrative offices located in West Sayville, NY and our oyster farm on the Fire Island Inlet. We have a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment with assignments that happen both in the office and out in the field.
Our work environment includes:
- Modern office setting for administration roles
- Our Outdoor oyster farm where we host clients and paid guests during the summer months.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- fielding event requests and responding with quotes and other relevant information.
- managing labor, equipment, and set-up needs for all events
- receiving deposits and payments.
- assisting in hosting week day visits to the oyster farm by our wholesale customers or paid farm tour guests.
You will not be required to physically work most* weekend events, but there will be opportunities to fill event labor roles outside of your normal scheduled hours.
Your office hours will increase in the weeks leading up to these events.
- oversee the planning and execution of our 2 biggest annual events.
- Long Island Maritime Museum Seafood Festival
- Saturday & Sunday August 19th & 20th 2023
- Blue Island Oyster Festival
- Saturday September 16th, 2023
- *be present to manage the Seafood Festival and Oyster Festival
- general office administration tasks such as answering phones, printing product tags, and managing merchandise, during any scheduled hours when there is no event planning happening.
- managing the fundraising plan to ensure the Blue Island Oyster Foundation is fully funded. You will be tasked with establishing regular donations, as well as ensuring all legally required donation receipts are sent to donors.
- Part-time to start (approx 15-20 hours a week)
- Hours will increase during the summer as events come up and our 2 big events are planned and promoted.
- The weeks prior to the August & September Festivals will likely require 30-40 hours a week minimum and extra hours the days prior to the events for set up.
- Become available if the hired individual is offered a full-time position at a later time.
- Monday to Friday
- other then where noted for the August & September festivals that includes the weekend days of each event
- Scheduled work hours will fall inside normal office hours of 9 am to 5 pm other than on rare occasions.
Email a resume with cover letter to Events@BlueIslandOysters.com
Not enough items available. Only [max] left.Add to WishlistBrowse WishlistRemove Wishlist